Friday 18 November 2011

Skyrim - From Riften to Ivarstead

Following the road heading north-west from Riften, a spy a building amongst the tree line. From a distance, it is a quaint place, but as I approach, two mercenaries attack me. They seem less than keen on me knowing the whereabouts of this place. After a tit-for-tat exchange of arrows, I put them both to sleep. Searching one of them turns up a key for a building called Black Briar Lodge - I'm guessing that's the name of this place.


I enter the building without knocking - after the welcoming committee outside, the time for good manners is over. I sneak through the entrance hall, a difficult job at best when wearing heavy armour. To prove my point, one of the mercenaries hears me and comes running into the hallway with his warhammer.

In the ensuring kerfuffle, I use Dwarf Cold to stab the hoodlum through the chest, but the noise attracts the rest of his crew. The dance of death I weave with these ne'er-do-wells is almost balletic in its beauty. And though battered and bruised, by the end of it I am victorious.

I have a look around the now empty rooms of the lodge for things to loot, but there isn't much of worth other than a few pieces of food to nab. I leave the place and get back on the road.

A mine is my next port of call - I can almost hear my pickaxe's eagerness for some fresh iron. Other than a couple of bandits, its a rather non-descript place. My opinion is further validated when I find a note on a table, saying that the mine is deplete and unworkable.

Disappointed, I walk back out into the light and fresh air. Walking further along the road, I spot a cave entrance surrounded by bones. I choose not to enter, not due to fear, but more due to the unknown. I can't' go losing myself in caves - there are people out there that require my help.

After a quick stop back at Riften to pick up some more potions (why else would anyone go there?), I head back to Ivarstead to fix the heart of a young lady there. Upon my arrival, I am greeted by Faedal! He doesn't say where he has been, and I don't ask - it is just great to have him back.

I approach the women with the love woes. Her name is Fastred, and she is annoyed that her parents won't let her marry the man she loves so that she can move away with him. I speak with her mother about it - according to her, Fastred was "in love with" another chap only a couple of weeks before. I chat with this man, who just happens to be my good friend Klimmeck.

He still loves Fastred, so I tell him to tell her that. It appears I am somewhat the cupid, as soon they are both declaring their undying love for each other. Another job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment